Humane Society of Indianapolis
Making Friends For Life
IndyHumane does not put animals down for space or time and is funded completely on donations from individuals. We do not receive funds from the ASPCA or the Humane Society of the United States.
The Humane Society of Indianapolis is the leading voice for the welfare of animals and improving their quality of life. IndyHumane is the first choice in providing direct services for shelter cats and dogs, including adoption, foster home placement, canine training, appropriate medical care, and affordable spay/neuter services. As the voice for the animals, IndyHumane brings together like-minded animal-focused individuals and groups to educate the public about animal welfare issues and concerns. For more than 100 years, it’s all about the animals.
- Spay your pet before 5 months of age!
- Female dogs and cats can have their first heat and get pregnant as young as 5 months old. Spaying your kitten or puppy before her first heat will eliminate the possibility that your pet will start having litters. It will also greatly reduce her chances of mammary cancer. Veterinarians agree, it is perfectly safe to spay/neuter your pet when they are as young as 2 months old.
- Fix [fiks] (verb):
- 1. transitive verb: veterinary medicine sterilize animal: to spay or neuter an animal (informal)
2. transitive verb: mend or correct something: to repair, mend, or correct something
3. transitive verb: hold somebody’s attention: to hold or capture the attention or interest of somebody